Wednesday, April 25, 2007

It's Koon


David Koon will be the Democratic candidate for Monroe County Executive this year.

This was the price Democratic Chairman Joe Morelle extracted from Koon in exchange for full funding and support for Koon's son, Jason, to run for Mayor of East Rochester, according to a source close to the situation. Koon had brought his son to a recent East Rochester Village Board meeting to see what village trustees do.

Jason Koon will be running against popular incumbent Mayor David Bonnacchi, a bodacious campaigner by all accounts. With the resources of Democratic headquarters behind Jason, his race for East Rochester Mayor promises to be a lot more interesting than dad's race against Maggie Brooks.

1 comment:

Jason Koon said...

If this were only true - We wouldn't need any fundraisers and would be living on easy street during this campaign. So, why are we working so hard? "The Dirty Deal" idea is ridiculous. There is no truth to this rumor at all, but I guess some people have to have something to do to keep their idle minds busy. Furthermore, your "source close to the situation" failed to report the previous meetings I have attended. But, it is disheartening that no one is even noticed at the Village Board meetings unless it can be used to create drama or in an attempt to discredit someone.

On a personal note, I think it's a shame that Mr./Mrs. PHILBRICK has the time to write about these unfounded, ridiculous stories. Don't you think your time could be spent in more constructive ways, rather than fabricating stories. Furthermore, this ridiculousness has made me spend my time that I would have been using in a much more constructive way. But instead I have to write these letters informing people of the truth. I want the 5 minutes of my life back that you took.

Jason

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people."
- Anonymous